Here I would like keep you up to date about with events in which my team members and me are involved as active members.
Co-organizer and co-chair of recent scientific events
- Dagstuhl Seminar „Users and automated driving systems: How will we interact with tomorrow’s vehicles?„, Dagstuhl Castle, Wadern, 2019. Co-Organizer
- WISH 2019 „Symposium of the Workgroup on Interactive Systems in Healthcare (WISH)“ at CHI 2019, Program Co-Chair
- ACM Multimedia 2018, Seoul, Korea – General Chair
- HealthMedia: 3rd Workshop on Multimedia for Personal Health and Health Care @ ACM Multimedia 2018, Seoul, Korea – Co-Organizer
- Workshops at AutomotiveUI 2018 in Toronto, Canada: „Automotive UI for Controllability and Safe Transitions of Control“ and „Workshop on Communication between Automated Vehicles and Vulnerable Road Users“, Co-Organizer
- MobileHCI 2018, Barcelona, Spain – Program Co-Chair
- CHI 2018 Workshop „Interacting with Autonomous Vehicles: Learning from other Domains“ – Co-Organizer is Shadan Sadeghianborojeni from our team
- CHI 2018 Workshop „A Short Workshop on Next Steps Towards Long Term Self Tracking“ – Co-Organizer is Jochen Meyer, OFFIS
- CHI 2018 Workshop „(Un)Acceptable!?! — Re-thinking the Social Acceptability of Emerging Technologies“ – Co-Organizer
- General Chair and Host of SIGCHI Conference AutomotiveUI 2017 in Oldenburg, Germany
- MMHealth: 2nd Workshop on Multimedia for Personal Health and Health Care @ ACM Multimedia 2017, Mountain View, California, USA – Co-Organizer
- ACM Multimedia 2017, Mountain View, California, USA – Program Chair and Chair of the Experience Track
- ACM Multimedia 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Tutorials Chair
- Automotive User Interfaces Conferencs (Automotive-UI) 2016 – Program Chair
- Dagstuhl Seminar „Automotive user interfaces in the age of automation“, June 2016 – Co-Organizer
- International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR) 2016 – Technical Program Chair
- WAADI Workshop 2015 at Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Application (AutoUI) 2015, Co-organizer Andreas Löcken from our team
- Dagstuhl Seminar „Life-long health behavior change technologies“, June 2016 – Organizer
- International Conference Pervasive Health 2014 – Program Chair
- Mensch und Computer (German HCI Conference), 2013 – Program Chair
- Member of the Steering Committee of MobileHCI since 2015
- Member of the Steering Committee of AutomotiveUI since 2011
Member of digitalRat.niedersachsen (Advisory Board for Digitization of the Government of the State of Lower Saxony, Germany)
- Elected member of the review board of the German Science Foundation (DFG) (Fachkollegiatin) in the area of Interactive and Intelligent Systems (409-05). Since 2016.
- Member of the review board of the German Science Foundation (DFG) in the Interdisciplinary Medical Technology Section since 2016.
- I am a frequent reviewer for international and national research proposals.
- Member of acatech – the NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, Germany
- Active Member of ACM SIGMM, Founder of the European Chapter of SIGMM
- Active Member of ACM SIGCHI, Member of the German Chapter of SIGCHI
- Member of IEEE Computer Society
- Active Member of GI (German Association for Computing Machinery), Member of the GI-HCI Group